Sweet Rose

Roses figure prominently in many of my bouquets, centerpieces, altar railings and topiaries. Knowing which roses to select - and how to intensify an appreciation of them - is an art in and of itself.

At a Danbury Garden Club meeting recently I put together a number of combinations to give the wonderful audience an idea of the breadth and scope of possibilities. Whether it was showcasing gorgeous melon-colored roses in a simple glass container with glass pebbles, or making a luscious centerpiece of cream roses, green hydrangea and tweedia, I begin with the finest of plant materials. My vendors help ensure this foundation, freeing me to be as creative as time and budget permit.

In one instance I added green hypericum berries and fiddleheads for a bracing, contemporary take on a traditional arrangement. In another instance, I veered off my rose theme – who in her right mind could pass up on these coral-colored peonies?

They look stunning in tall glass containers. These creations were auctioned off after the demonstration and went home with a number of happy garden club members. Many thanks to Carrie Pin for photographing some of the day’s creations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elegant Seaside Wedding at the Manursing Island Club

Storybook wedding at Lake Waramaug Country Club

Magical Wedding Reception at a Country Horse Farm